How to Find a Good Merchant Services Provider
Partnering with a strong Denver merchant services provider not only enables a business to facilitate timely payment processing, but to deliver quality end-user customer service. If your business isn’t currently utilizing merchant processing to accept debit and/or credit cards, you are certainly missing out on a significant piece of consumer or business-to-business sales.
Locating a Merchant Services Provider
As with most professionals, the best are often discovered through referral networks. When seeking to partner with a new organization, be sure to ask for referrals from trusted business associates, clients and your network of friends. In addition to scanning your current network, you can also locate a merchant services provider via completing an online search. Once you have narrowed your initial search to several organizations to evaluate, you will need to develop a list of questions of which will provide you with answers to compare against.
Selecting a Merchant Services Provider
When choosing a good Denver merchant services provider, keep these factors in mind:
- Experience - How long has the organization been in business? What are the company’s customers saying about the services offered? What does the Better Business Bureau have to say about the firm?
- Services Offered - Competitive merchant services providers offer a wide range of services, extending beyond addressing the basic processing needs of your business. And most, will offer these basic services at no cost to their customers.
- Rates and Fees - What are the monthly or ongoing rates and fees for the services offered? Can you review those terms in writing? Is there a monthly limit on the transaction volume? If so, what rates will be assessed? Will you be assessed an application fee, set-up fee or installation fee?
- Technology - Does the company use the most up-to-date technology for processing transactions? How often can you expect the technology to be updated?
- Customer Support - Does the company offer 24/7 live customer service? What is the expected response time for addressing technical issues?
The most important decision when selecting a merchant services provider should be the level of value you are receiving for the level of service provided. Spend time performing not only your initial research, but with gathering facts about the firms you are considering to ensure that you select a Denver merchant services partner that meets or exceeds 100% of your requirements.